The Linux Systems Administrator is responsible for the design, planning, implementation and support for the Linux environment. This role will serve as a technical expert in Linux administration and monitoring as well as the enterprise virtualization environment.
Skills and Abilities:
- Administers, installs, configures, and maintains operating systems and related software to ensure stable performance of the computing environment. Evaluates system specifications, input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibilities.
- Administers, installs, configures and maintains enterprise virtualization environment.
- Diagnoses hardware/software problems, recommends solutions and performs necessary system repairs
- Researches, analyzes and recommends backup/security strategies as required.
- Performs installations of hardware, software, and operating systems upgrades, changes and configurations.
- Assists with enterprise backup and recovery tasks as needed.
- Assists with server hardware installation tasks as needed.
- Maintaining server and storage environments including security patches, firmware upgrades, hot fixes, service packs, intermediate versions / full version upgrades.
- Installing, configuring and managing enterprise virtualization environment.
- Administration of enterprise backup/recovery solution.
- Bachelor’s Degree or related work experience required.
- Related cert from a recognized provider (i.e. Linux+, LFCS, LPIC, RHCE, GCUX, VCP6.5 or higher).
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in a Linux Systems Administrator or enterprise virtualization administrator role.